Fiction, Fake, Fabrication ... even Facts, so long as they are "Alternative"
Our Merriam-Webster Thesaurus lists many synonyms for the term "musings":
Daydreams, Illusions, Conceits, Fancies, Delusions, Pipe Dreams, Hallucinations, to name a few ....
Following the June 6, 2022, City Council Meeting Bellaire's Mayor initiated his first of several ultracrepidarian fantasies regarding the Pound.
When contacted for comment or correction, he stated that he stood by everything he had published. He also complained about our persistence in protesting the animal abuse occurring at the Pound.
1) "We could potentially be ready to move forward with something in the fairly near future."
FACT: (Code for 'Government Inaction', not 'Government IN Action' - 2 more years of empty talk ....)
2) "Years of experience ...."
FACT: (According to her Linkeds-In bio, about three years, in fact .... equivalent to a 3rd grader having "years of education". The previous ACO had much more and was named "Officer of the Year".)
3) "Animal Advisory Committee meets minimum requirements of state law."
FACT: Bellaire now strives for minimum requirements? None of the 4 members even reside in Bellaire. Despite their ostensible credentials, their opinions are often based in ignorance rather than knowledge. Some do not comply with financial reporting requirements of TX law or IRS regulations ... a Class B misdemeanor punishable by $2,000 fines and 6 month in jail.
They all march lockstep to the same drummer as they "advise" each other on what City Hall wants to hear. They don't even know how often they are required to meet. "Three times a year" is not "quarterly".
4) Transparent references to social media, fact-checking and misinformation are no more true than any claims of encouraging public input or open discourse.
FACT: Every statement associated with IAAD on Nextdoor is reviewed & approved by at least 2 of 5 rotating investigative journalists or technical writers ... who know "a bit" about fact checking. Any activity on notorious social media is perpetrated by the Mayor and his cohorts who spend as much time deleting posts on social media as they do creating them.
5) " ... bordetella vaccine and immunized against canine distemper, adenovirus types 1 and 2 (hepatitis and respiratory disease), parainfluenza and parvovirus. They’re given a broad-spectrum dewormer as well. The dogs are let out into the grass and exercised for a minimum of 30 minutes to an hour, twice a day, by both the Animal Control Officer and FOBP volunteers."
FACT: The various vaccines mentioned are not cures, have delayed (or no) effect on adult dogs without booster shots 2 - 4 weeks later. Parvo can live in the grass or on walkways for 6 months. The average occupied Kennel Check, according to 100's of BPD Daily Logs, lasts 12 minutes. Exercise time is noted in only 28% of the computer generated Daily Logs. Selfie videos posted by BPD & FOBP show dogs being allowed to run free & become overheated, before being returned to confinement of their hot cells. Contrary to unanimous medical standards, heart worm positive dogs are occasionally allowed dangerous levels of activity.
6) "The notion that these dogs are left to bake in the hot sun is flat-out false, when in fact all of the kennels are shaded indoor/outdoor spaces and ambient temperatures have been measured and confirmed safe. The enclosures are well ventilated and cool air is circulated by electric fans. Note that consistent with applicable regulations and guidelines we do not use misting fans, to keep down the level of moisture that can harbor bacteria and yeast. For the same reason, and to prevent the obvious choking hazard, the pound does not have flooring or bedding made of foam or similar absorbent materials. Each kennel is furnished inside with a raised cot about seven and a half inches off the ground."
FACT: IAAD has never approved of any "misting fans". Despite dozens of explanations, no one on the
Advisory Committee can grasp the concept. BPD and CoB are not stupid, they just don't give a S^&*.
The Mayor, or someone, finally listened to us (sorta). The sun rises in the East and sets in the West. Any shade moves from one end of the kennels to the other through the course of the day. The hottest parts of most days is in the early to mid-afternoon. Heat Indexes are a function of several variables beyond temperature (dependent upon where & when one measures such).
Because dogs can only sweat through the pads of their feet and by panting, because they wear fur coats & their normal body temperature is ~4 degrees warmer than humans', 75 degrees F denotes "Unsafe" conditions, 80 degrees F is deemed "Dangerous" by legitimate experts. Daily Heat Indexes consistently exceeded 100 degrees F in the tiny kennels between May & September last year.
Short-snouted dogs pant even less efficiently than pups with longer noses
When the Mayor put keyboard to paper last year, there was no "cool air" whatsoever to draw into the kennels. Dry fans were merely recirculating accumulated heat, much like a convection oven does.The dogs suffered directly as did their internal organs. Yes, they were "baking", shade or no shade.
So, naturally, BPD jury-rigged what they called "sunscreens" at the east & west ends of the outdoor kennels. They are functionally windscreens and any ventilation was further obstructed.
The original Founders of FOBP had offered to donate air-conditioning a year ago, which was immediately vetoed as too much of a load on the decrepit electrical system.
Now, a year later, fans & a single donated A/C are preparing to protect the dogs from a very loooong and hot summer ... whether the electricity holds out or not. We're still offering to provide the more effective, safer and eco-friendly "misters".
We're going to save the mats & pallets for the next article when we'll be addressing even more